How Much Does Cosmetic Dentistry Cost in Mountlake Terrace, WA?
Cosmetic dentistry can improve the appearance of your teeth for a more natural looking smile. Treatments and procedures such as teeth whitening and dental veneers can enhance the beauty of your smile and help you feel more confident.
If you’re considering looking into cosmetic dentistry, you may be wondering how much it will cost in your area. Here’s what you can expect to pay for various cosmetic dentistry services in Mountlake Terrace, Washington.
What is Cosmetic Dentistry?
Cosmetic dentistry is the field of dentistry that focuses on the appearance of the teeth. Some dental procedures are both restorative and cosmetic, but the primary purpose of cosmetic dentistry is to improve your smile.
Average Cost of Cosmetic Procedures
Cosmetic dentistry procedures vary in cost. Here is the average cost range for the following cosmetic services:
- Teeth whitening: $100-$400. Professional teeth whitening comes with two options, in-office and at-home treatments. In-office teeth whitening typically costs more, averaging around $500. Professional grade at-home teeth whitening treatments average around $200 (whitening trays are extra).
- Clear aligners: $3,000-$5,000. Clear aligners are an orthodontic treatment used to straighten teeth, close gaps, and align the bite. Treatment can take anywhere from 6-18 months on average.
- Veneers: $1,500-$2,200 per tooth. Veneers are thin porcelain covers that attach to the front side of the teeth to conceal imperfections and help the teeth look more uniform. The average cost is on a per tooth basis, but veneers are only needed on the front row of teeth that are visible when you smile. Some patients only get veneers on the top row of teeth.
- Cosmetic bonding: $300-$600. Cosmetic bonding is the process of reshaping the teeth using composite material. The cost may vary depending on the number of teeth being treated.
- Microabrasion: $150-$350. Microabrasion is a procedure used to remove stubborn stains from the teeth by scrubbing them away.
Is Cosmetic Dentistry Covered by Insurance?
Most cosmetic procedures are not covered by dental insurance. Unless there is a dental or oral health reason for the procedure, the cost will need to be paid out of pocket. Clear aligners are considered an orthodontic treatment, meaning they may be eligible for insurance if your dental plan includes coverage for orthodontics.
How Can I Afford Cosmetic Dentistry?
If you’re interested in cosmetic dentistry, but feeling overwhelmed by the cost of these treatments and procedures, financing is an option to make it more affordable. You can pay for cosmetic dentistry using a credit card, or apply for Cherry financing which is designed specifically to cover dental costs.
Why Choose Altitude Dental?
Altitude Dental provides cosmetic dentistry services for families in Mountlake Terrace, Washington and the surrounding area. We believe that patients of all ages should not only have healthy teeth, but feel confident about their smile. We offer flexible payment options to make dental services affordable for everyone.
Frequently Asked Questions About Cosmetic Dentistry
How long do teeth whitening results last?
Professional in-office treatments provide dramatic results that can last for 1-3 years. At-home treatments may last for up to a year. Periodic touch-ups can help your teeth look white for longer between treatments.
Are clear aligners as effective as braces?
Clear aligners are most effective for mild to moderate orthodontic cases. They can straighten teeth, alleviate crowding, and correct mild bite misalignments such as overbite and underbite. Some patients will require braces to achieve the necessary results.