Risks of Amalgam Fillings and Mercury In Fillings for Edmonds Patients
Amalgam fillings are a mixture of mercury, silver, tin, copper and other trace metals. Here are the facts:
- The mercury in fillings is considered toxic even before it goes into the mouth.
- Amalgam fillings continually give off mercury vapor while in the mouth.
- Most municipalities in the United States require dental offices to treat the debris from the removal of amalgam fillings as hazardous waste.
It begs the question: if mercury in fillings is toxic before it goes into the mouth and if mercury is continually given off by amalgam fillings in the mouth, how can it possibly be considered safe to put in the mouth? Well, we don’t think it is, and that’s why we have practiced mercury-free dentistry for over 20 years at Emerald City Smiles in Mountlake Terrace.
Our practice uses only tooth-colored filling material (composite resin and porcelain) to replace unsightly silver/mercury amalgam fillings.
Every year, it seems, we are exposed to higher and higher levels of environmental toxins. You can take control of your exposure to these toxins – and your health – by having your mercury amalgam fillings removed.
You owe it to yourself to explore what it might mean for you to be free of amalgam fillings. Call our mercury-free dentistry office in Mountlake Terrace, Washington today for a complimentary consultation if you are in the Edmonds area, including Shoreline.
Find out more about the risks of amalgam fillings.
We do not accept DSHS, Molina, Provider One or Apple Health insurance. We accept CareCredit as a form of payment.
- General Dentistry
- Cosmetic Dentistry
- Endodontics Dentistry