Mountlake Terrace General Dentistry Services
Serving Both Mountlake Terrace & Edmonds Communities
Preventative dental care is the first defense against tooth decay and gum disease. At Emerald City Smiles, we work hard to ensure that your smile is as healthy and bright as can be. While brushing, flossing, and rinsing is highly recommended, these measures alone are not sufficient in keeping your teeth and gums healthy.
A visit to our dental clinic offers you a multitude of services that will benefit your overall dental health. Our team of friendly staff is highly-trained to provide you with a well-rounded and comfortable visit that will guarantee your satisfaction.
Services we offer include:
- Digital X-rays – It’s important to get your teeth x-rayed at least twice a year. This way, the dentist can see if there are any deep-rooted problems that require the attention of an oral surgeon. Catching these problems early is the best way to prevent future pains.
- Teeth cleanings – Keeping your teeth clean is very important, and you’ll want to visit your dental clinic at least twice a year to have this procedure done. It’s a great way to fight cavities and plaque buildup, which ultimately lead to tooth decay and more serious problems like heart attack and stroke. Brushing and flossing just aren’t enough and, to have perfectly healthy teeth, you’ll need an oral practitioner at your side.
- Tooth extractions – If you’re looking to get your wisdom teeth out, an oral surgeon can get the job done for you.
- Dental fillings – When a cavity creeps up on you unexpectedly, there’s a way to fight back. Dental fillings will seal your cavities up so they can’t get any bigger, and your teeth can remain safely where they are … in your mouth!
- Dental bridges – A dental bridge will replace any missing teeth, so, if you’ve ever had to have one pulled out for any reason, you won’t be stuck dealing with an open space. A dental bridge can fill that gap right up for you.
- Inlays and onlays – An inlay is a filling that consists of a solid substance (usually porcelain or even gold, in certain cases), while an onlay fills a gap from a missing tooth cusp.
- Oral cancer screenings – It’s important to undergo oral cancer screenings, especially if you’ve ever been a smoker or chewed tobacco. Cancer can appear unexpectedly, and it’s important to catch it early on for the best chance of fighting it off.
- Root canals – When a tooth dies or is inflamed or infected, the pulp inside must be dealt with directly so the problem doesn’t get any bigger. This procedure is known as a root canal.
- Sealants – Dental sealants are coatings (usually made of plastic) that are placed on the surfaces of back teeth (i.e., the molars) to prevent decay and assist in chewing.
- Wisdom teeth removal – Remember we mentioned getting your wisdom teeth extracted? Sometimes, our back teeth (the wisdom teeth) grow in very late, and they run the risk of becoming impacted or infected, in which case you’ll want to get them taken out right away to avoid further problems. An oral surgeon usually handles this procedure.
- Sedation dentistry – For patients with anxiety or stress, there’s the option of sedation dentistry, in which the patient is put completely under through anesthesia and, by the time they wake up, the procedure they’ve been dreading is already over.
- Fluoride treatment – Fluoride keeps enamel strong and healthy and, sometimes, teeth need more than what’s provided in standard tubes of toothpaste. That’s where fluoride treatment comes in—to ensure your teeth get what they need to remain solid and survive.
- Tooth decay prevention – You can prevent your teeth from decaying by seeing one of our friendly and qualified dentists. We offer several services and educational tips to help you take care of your teeth and keep them healthy.
To learn more about our general dentistry services, call us at (425) 775-3446.
We do not accept DSHS, Molina, Provider One or Apple Health insurance.
- General Dentistry
- Cosmetic Dentistry
- Dental Implants
- Sedation Dentistry